Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spreading the Love...

Well February is fast approaching and since winter works have been on the shelves for a month, it was time for a change! Yesterday I went in to school for a few hours and changed up PL and a little of art.  This time in PL, I tried to put out the works in the order that my head teacher would.  This was a good exercise for me, it gave me a chance to look at order differently.

Here was the first shelf, holding all of the transfer activities...
Cabinet One
Shelf One: sand whole hand pouring- pitcher to two cups water pouring- small rocks scooping
Shelf Two: Tong transfer into ice cube tray- water straining- baster transfer one to two
Shelf Three: pom pom transfer with tweezers- spooning transfer/color sorting- eye dropper transfer
Cabinet Two
Shelf One: leaf cleaning- crumbing- flower arranging
Shelf Two: tea setting- penny polishing- table setting
Shelf Three: chair washing- cake set-up (two returning works)

Below is the baby washing work set up on a table permanently. 


Cabinet Three
Shelf One: open and close containers- nuts and bolts- cutting work
Shelf Two: apple lacing- bead stringing- heart embroidering- clothes-pinning on a cup
Shelf Three: clothes-pinning foam hearts on a string- button/zipper vests- shoe lacing

I realize it may be more helpful to start taking pictures of each work independently, and when I get a moment I will.  I am interested in seeing how this new order works out.  I was wondering how far to go with the whole pink-red-purple Valentines Day theme, but i tried to balance it enough to make sure it didn't yell "LOVE!" from across the room. :) I am also interested to see how my boys who think "pink is for girls" react to the works.  

How far would you/do you go for Valentines Day? Are there any special traditions you've come up with or remember from your childhood? Happy early love everyone day!