Monday, December 20, 2010

My story...

I write from a developing perspective.  My previous schooling history has blessed me with a deeper understanding of the Montessori Philosophy, but being 22, I only have a few years of teaching under my belt.  I do have a B.A. in Child development and my Montessori training, which helps to back up my actions, but teaching is an continuous a learning process more than anything, so I am constantly acquiring new knowledge to enhance the small amount I already know.  

I am so excited to document my learning process, from what works are successful, to the inner struggle of taking what I have learned in the classroom, what my natural instincts tell me and the reality of the classroom.  I feel many do not know what Montessori is really all about, and maybe through my searching, you can find out too.  Enjoy my journey, as it is yours too, and stick with me to get ideas, suggest ideas and share our love for allowing children to learn independently, responsibly and creatively.